- Event: Skyhawk Invitational
- Place: 6th/12
- Dates: April 27, 2019
- Location: North Easton, Mass.
- The Lead: The Assumption women's track & field team had a number of strong performances, including a new school record from Emily Casella (Athol, Mass. / Athol) at the Skyhawk Invitational on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Casella was dominant, breaking her own school record in the shot put fort the third straight week, this time reaching a distance of 14.23 meters to take third overall in the event. Mikaylah Schwartz (Dracut, Mass. / Dracut) placed ninth with a throw of 11.82 meters.
- Casella was then just .05 meters short of her school record in the discus with a toss of 40.36 meters to finish third. Megan Sheehan (Newton, N.H. / Sanborn Regional) was eighth in 36.32 meters. Leslie Roda (New Bedford, Mass. / New Bedford) earned a seventh place finish in the javelin with a distance of 33.23 meters.
- Assumption's 4x100 relay captured the other school record on the day, taking second in the event and finishing their lap around the track in 48.65. The quartet of Claudia Koontz (Concord, Mass. / Concord-Carlisle), Abby Jones (Arlington, Mass. / Arlington), Emma Santee (Westerly, R.I. / Westerly) and Victoria Steffon (Holden, Mass. / Wachusett Regional) broke their own school mark by .08 seconds.
- Senior Sarah Miller (Hanover, Mass. / Hanover) took sixth in the long jump with a distance of 5.60 meters while sophomore Katherine Eckerson (Simsbury, Conn. / Westminster School) was ninth in 5.20 meters. Eckerson also placed fourth in the triple jump with a distance of 11.05 meters.
- Jones then took fifth in the 100 meters hurdles with a time of 15.17, just .06 off her own school record. Junior Madison Soullier (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) placed seventh in the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 1:07.26 seconds.
- Senior Maura Geoghegan (Foxborough, Mass. / Foxborough) finished second with a personal best time of 59.62 in the 400 meters, while Koontz was behind her in seventh with a time of 1:00.43 and Madeleine Iassogna (Marietta, Ga. / Blessed Trinity Catholic) was eighth in 1:00.70. Steffon then took fifth in the 200 meters with her time of 26.31 seconds, followed by Geoghegan in ninth.
- Sophomore Amelie Legg (Hamden, N.Y. / Delaware Academy) came through with a sixth place finish in the pole vault with her height of 2.95 meters.
- Junior Kialeigh Marston (Standish, Maine / Bonny Eagle) placed seventh in the 800 meters with her time of 2:20.54. Senior Meghan Slinskey (Fishkill, N.Y. / Our Lady of Lourdes) earned an eighth place finish in the 1500 meters with her time of 4:53.98.
- The team returns to action on May 3 when they compete in the opening day of the NE10 Championships, hosted by Southern New Hampshire.