- Score: Assumption 0, Adelphi 0 (2OT)
- Records: Assumption (7-4-4, 4-4-4 NE10), Adelphi (9-4-2, 8-3-2 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: The Assumption Greyhounds had all phases of the game going, but ended things in a scoreless tie with the Adelphi Panthers on Senior Day for the Hounds.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-Assumption had all fronts going, producing 16 shots, seven saves and preventing multiple scoring opportunities by the Panthers, which also included the defense turning away five shots in overtime.
-The Hounds then had a couple scoring opportunities but were just barely turned away. In the second overtime Johnna Caporuscio (Wayne, N.J. / Wayne Hills) took in a pass and had a wide open shot, but was quickly suffocated in the box and could not get the attempt off. Brooke Shatney (Weare, N.H. / John Stark Regional) also had an opportunity in the first overtime but was turned away by Adelphi goalie Sarah Hofmeier before she could finish the shot attempt.
-It also felt as if Annie Irwin (Norwood, Mass. / Montrose School) had the game-winner in the second half of Saturday's game, finding herself all alone on the right side of the box. She rocketed a shot into the top right corner but Hofmeier somehow found a way to get high and grab the ball before it could go into the back of the net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-The Panthers produced 18 shots to Assumption's 16. Both team's had two corner kicks.
-Alexis Nason (Saco, Maine / Thornton Academy) made seven saves and moved to 5-4-4 on the year. Hofmeier made four saves and moved to 9-4-2 on the year.
-The Hounds now sit two points out of a playoff spot and in 10th place with one game left on the schedule.
- The Hounds host Franklin Pierce on Tuesday, November 5, at 2 p.m. in their last game of the regular season.