- Score: Saint Rose 59, Assumption 54
- Records: Saint Rose (7-7, 2-5 NE10), Assumption (9-6, 3-4 NE10)
- Location: Albany, N.Y.
- The Lead: Saint Rose had a great start that the Hounds began to dig their way out of in the third and fourth quarters outscoring the Golden Knights 30-20 in the second half. The Hounds ran out of time and eventually fell 59-54.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Saint Rose jumped out to a good jump with a 7-0 run before the Hounds got on the board with a layup from Meghan Reen (Norwood, Mass./Norwood). Seven more points for the Golden Knights gave them a 14-2 lead with 5:12 on the clock in the first quarter with the Hounds only able to get two more points before Saint Rose went on a 9-0 run to extend their lead to 23-4. Four made free throws for Assumption ended the quarter with the Hounds trailing 23-8.
- The Hounds opened the second quarter with a layup from Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass./St. Mary's) to start the trading of baskets with Saint Rose. The teams went back-and-forth for the entire quarter with Falayi scoring nine points alone. The Hounds headed into halftime down 39-24.
- Assumption started the second half with a 4-0 run to get within 11 (39-28) that was answered by six free throws from the Golden Knights to take back a 17-point lead (45-28) with just 3:13 left in the third quarter. The Hounds ended the third quarter with ten straight points highlighted by two threes from Emme Poulin (South Portland, Maine/Cheverus) and a three from Reen to get within seven (47-40) with ten minutes left to play.
- The back-and-forth action began again in the fourth quarter before the Golden Knights strung together five straight for a 56-44 lead with just 3:25 left in the game. Assumption answered with an 8-0 run to get within four (56-52) with just 49 seconds left to play. Three free throws from the Golden Knights put them up seven with just eight seconds and Poulin hit a jumper at the buzzer, but the Hounds ran out of time and fell 59-54 to the Golden Knights.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Falayi led the Hounds with a double-double of 14 points and 14 rebounds, while adding four steals, followed by Poulin who put up 12 points. Reen added nine points, four rebounds and three assists.
- The Hounds shot 33.9 percent from the floor, 21.1 percent from beyond the arc and 52.2 percent from the foul line while earning 39 rebounds, ten assists, eight steals and one block.
- The Golden Knights shot 41.2 percent from the field, 50.0 percent from three and 75.0 percent from the charity stripe while putting up 33 rebounds, 12 assists, six steals and eight blocks.
- The Hounds are back home on January 14, at 5:30 p.m. to play host to Pace for a conference game.