- Score: Bentley 83, Assumption 71
- Records: Bentley (5-0, 2-0 NE10), Assumption (2-3, 1-2 NE10)
- Location: Waltham, Mass.
- The Lead: With six ties and eleven lead changes, Assumption falls 83-71 to No. 8 Bentley after leading at the end of the first three quarters and Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass./Ursuline Academy) scoring 32 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After falling behind 15-13 in the first quarter, the Hounds went on a 6-2 run to end the quarter with a five point lead (22-17). Bentley answered with an 8-0 stretch at the beginning of the second to take back the lead 25-24. The rest of the quarter was back-and-forth until the Hounds took over with an 8-0 rally ending with a three-pointer by Meghan Cramb (New Boston, N.H./Bishop Guertin) with 42 seconds left to take a one point lead headed in to the half (34-33).
- The Hounds came out strong in the third quarter expanding their lead to six (39-33) with a quick 5-0 run right out of the gate. The Hounds and Falcons traded baskets for the remainder of the quarter until O'Donnell made a layup in the final seconds to take a two point lead (54-52) headed in to the fourth quarter.
- The Falcons answered quickly with a 6-0 lead right at the beginning of the fourth quarter to take a four point lead (58-54) followed by a 7-0 rally to extend their lead to nine (65-56), their largest of the game. The Hounds came back with a 7-0 stretch to lessen the lead to two (67-65) with 4:24 remaining in the fourth quarter. Bentley rallied seven unanswered points to extend their lead back to nine (76-67) and the Hounds were unable to recover and ended the game 83-71.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption was led by O'Donnell with 32 points, three rebounds and one assist followed by Cramb with 12 points and four assists. Both Meghan Reen (Norwood, Mass./Norwood) and Brianna Capacchione (Washington Township, N.J./Washington Township) added eight points while Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass./St. Mary's) led the team with ten rebounds. The Hounds ended the night shooting 50.0% from the floor, 40.0% from three and 52.9% from the free-throw line while also grabbing 30 rebounds, 19 assists, five blocks and four steals.
- For the Falcons, both Monica Viapiano and Victoria Lux led with fourteen points apiece while Amy McConnell and Kolleen Bouchard added thirteen each. Bouchard also led in assists with six while Lux led in rebounds with eight. Bentley shot 52.5% from the field, 26.7% from three and 60.7% from the foul line. They had a total of 35 rebounds, 17 assists, three blocks and seven steals.
- The Hounds are back at home on Sunday, November 25, against Georgian Court at 1:30 p.m.