- Event: Providence College Meet
- Results: 2nd
- Location: Providence College
- The Lead: Despite an impressive five first-place victories and a total of 15 top-three finishes, Assumption came up short against Providence College and fell 113-92.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption started out the day with two top-three finishes in the 400 medley relay. A team composed of MacKenzie Day (Stoneham, Mass./Stoneham High), Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md./Archbishop Spalding), Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass./Chicopee) and Grace Gustinis (Monroe, Conn./Masuk) placed second in a time of 4:32.15 while a team made up of Faith Somody (Stamford, Conn./Stamford), Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket), Brianna Buckle (Garden Grove, Calif./Mater Dei High School) and Emma Magna (Niantic, Conn./East Lyme) took third in 4:39.04.
- Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J./Rutgers Preparatory) represented Assumption in the 800 free coming in second with a time of 9:42.92. In the 200 free, Adelaide Ferrick (Westford, Mass./Westford Academy) took home first in 2:13.08 while classmate Erin Tague (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla./Palm Beach Gardens) finished third in 2:13.77.
- Holmes was the solo top-three finish in the 50 free coming in third in 27.66 while in the 200 IM Gustinis took second (2:30.71) and Roberts swam to third in 2:33.73.
- Kaczor swam to first in the 200 butterfly in a time of 2:27.20 while Tague also earned a first place finish in the 400 free (4:40.18). Ferrick struck top-three again when she placed third in the 100 free (1:01.19) and Roberts earned a victory in the 200 breaststroke in 2:44.99.
- In the 200 backstroke, Somody claimed her first collegiate win in 2:24.48 followed by Day in second with a time of 2:25.01. A team composed of Holmes, Kaczor, Gustinis and Ferrick took second in the 400 free relay in a time of 4:07.50 to wrap up the day for the Hounds.
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- Assumption totaled 92 points while Providence earned the win with 113.
- Somody earned her first collegiate win in the 200 backstroke.
- The Hounds are back in action at the NE10 Championships that start on Friday, February 7.