- Event: Harold Anderson Invitational
- Results: 5th
- Location: University of Rhode Island
- The Lead: Highlighted by individual victories from Adelaide Ferrick (Westford, Mass./Westford Academy) and Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md./Archbishop Spalding) the Hounds took fifth at the Harold Anderson Invitational.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption started the meet with a fourth-place finish in the 200 free relay swam by Holmes, Sophia Lumino (Peabody, Mass./Bishop Fenwick), MacKenzie Day (Stoneham, Mass./Stoneham High) and Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass./Chicopee) who all combined to finish in a time of 1:37.85).
- Lumino then went on to swim to second-place in the 200 IM in a time of 2:08.13 and sixth-place in the 100 breaststroke (1:07.20). Erin Tague (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla./Palm Beach Gardens) debuted at the meet in the 500 free where she took third in 5:04.33 and also took eighth in the 200 free (1:56.37).
- Ferrick earned her one individual top-ten place when she swam to first-place in the 50 free (24.03) followed by teammate Holmes who took second in 24.05. Holmes later swam to her own first-place victory in the 100 breaststroke in a time of 1:05.22 and also took fourth in the 100 free (52.87).
- A second team of Hounds composed of Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony), Holmes, Kaczor and Ferrick swam to a second-place finish in the 400 medley relay in a time of 3:54.15. Kaczor then went on to earn a fourth-place finish in the 100 butterfly (57.68) and a sixth-place finish in the 200 butterfly (2:10.38).
- Day took seventh in the 100 backstroke in a time of 58.37 while Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket) swam to fourth-place in the 200 breaststroke (2:25.39). Assumption also earned a third-place finish in the 800 free relay with a team composed of Tague, Guadalupi, Ferrick and Payton Horton (Port Elizabeth, South Africa/St. Dominic's) in a time of 7:42.96.
- The Hounds ended the meet with a 400 free relay team of Holmes, Lumino, Guadalupi and Ferrick who swam to a fifth-place finish in 3:34.04.
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- Assumption ended the meet with a total of 503 points to put them at a fifth-place finish ahead of Providence with 476 points and University of Maine with 265 points.
- University of Rhode Island won the meet with 754.5 points followed by Binghamton in second with 613.5 points, University of Vermont in third with 579 points and Holy Cross in fourth with 576 points.
- The Hounds are back in action on Tuesday, December 17, when they travel to Southern Connecticut State for a dual meet.