- Score: Saint Anselm 3, Assumption 2
- Records: Saint Anselm (7-9-0, 3-9-0 NE10), Assumption (9-7-0, 7-5-0 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Melucci Field)
- The Lead: After the Assumption Greyhounds went up by two, the Saint Anselm Hawks scored three straight goals to defeat the Hounds 3-2 during Wednesday's regular season finale for both squads. The Hounds now await their seeding in the Northeast-10 playoffs, which begins this weekend.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Hounds took an early 2-0 lead on back-to-back goals by Jason Lages (Edgartown, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard Regional), the first one coming just 5:39 into the game and the second at the 27:44 mark. Michael Budrewicz got one back for the Hawks at the 42:48 mark to cut the Hounds' lead by one, 2-1, to end of the first half.
-Saint Anselm then scored two unanswered goals in the second half to build their 3-2 lead. Jordan Trembley tied the game at the 58:31 mark on an assist from teammate Taylor Silverstein. Budrewicz then netted his second goal of the game with less than seven minutes to go in the game at the 83:33 mark. He scored on a high ball placed into the back of the net to give his team their first lead of the day.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-Both teams had 17 shots, while Assumption held a 10-8 advantage in the second half. Saint Anselm held the 9-7 advantage in corner kicks. Lages led the team with eight shots.
-Lages' two goals gives him 10 on the year, a new career-high for him. He has now scored 33 times throughout his career and four times in his last three games, also adding one assist during that span.
-Sebastian Jimenez (Naples, Fla. / Gulf Coast High School) made six saves but fell to 9-7-0 on the year. Jacob Rostkowski made six saves for the Hawks and improved to 5-6-0 on the year.
-The Hounds' nine wins is the most in the program's history since 2009. Their .563 winning percentage is the best out of any team this decade.
- The Hounds have now concluded their regular season and await their opponent in the NE10 playoffs, which begins Saturday, November 9. The Hounds currently rank fifth in the conference and official seedings will be announced by the conference after the rest of today's games complete.