- Score: Assumption 5, Southern N.H. 1
- Records: Assumption (4-4-1, 3-3-0 NE10), Southern N.H. (6-5-0, 4-2-0 NE10)
- Location: Hooksett, N.H. (The Ice Den)
- The Lead: The Assumption Greyhounds earned a commanding win against a top-two Northeast-10 opponent according to the standings on Saturday night, defeating Southern N.H. 3-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-John McDonagh (Latrobe, Pa. / Shady Side Academy (Prep)) scored first for the Hounds at the 10:13 mark of the first period and never trailed the rest of the way. Dante Maribitio (Georgetown, Mass. / Phillips Academy (Prep)) scored on the short-hand just 3:34 later, putting the Hounds up 2-0 by the period's end.
-Tim Usalis scored Southern N.H.'s lone goal at the 10:08 of the second to pull within one at 2-1 with his first goal of the season. Michael Zampanti (Winthrop, Mass. / Islanders Hockey Club (USPHL Premier)) put the Hounds back up by two, 3-1, to end the second.
-The Hounds then scored two goals within the final two minutes of play and only 1:04 apart. Robert Holyoke (Middleboro, Mass. / South Shore Kings (USPHL Premier)) scored first at the 18:28 mark to put his team up 4-1. William Smith (Hyde Park, Mass. / Williston Northampton School) then scored an empty net, shorthanded goal at the 19:32 mark to put Assumption for his team's fifth tally of the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-The Hounds outshot Southern N.H. 40-26. Assumption went 0-for-6 while on the power play and the Penmen went 0-for-7.
-Zampanti's goal and assist gives him one goal and three assists in his last two games. He leads the team with seven goals and 11 points. Holyoke has scored in each of his last three games and has tallied five points in his last five games.
-David Altman (Bristol, R.I. / Northern Cyclones (EHL)) made 25 saves on 26 shots and improved to 4-1-1 on the year. Kurt Gutting made 35 saves on 39 shots but fell to 4-4-0 on the year.
- The Hounds host Westfield St. on Thursday, November 12 at 7 p.m.