- Score: Saint Michael's 2, Assumption 1
- Records: Saint Michael's (3-1-1, 1-1-0 NE10), Assumption (2-2-0, 2-1-0 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Buffone Arena)
- The Lead: The Assumption Greyhounds rallied, scoring once in the third period and playing with a six-on-four advantage with the extra attacker in the final minutes, put could not pull of the comeback against the Saint Michael's Purple Knights, losing 2-1 on Friday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Purple Knights scored early, netting two goals in the first period. Thomas Flack netted a goal just 3:56 into the game, followed by a power play goal by Sel Narby with 46 second left in the period.
-The Hounds then began their comeback 1:18 into the third period. Matt Drake (Whiting, N.J. / Islanders Hockey Club (USPHL Elite)) scored with several players crowding the net. Assumption then went on the power play with just 2:09 left in the game and pulled their goalie with at the 1:09 mark. They were able to get a couple shots off and win several faceoffs, but each attempt was blocked by the Purple Knights, securing the 2-1 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
-Assumption outshot the Purple Knights 27-16, including 16-0 in the third period. Saint Michael's was 1-for-4 on the power play, while the Hounds were 0-for-9.
-Drake's goal was his first of the 2019-20 campaign, playing in his second game of the season. Colin Philippon (Salem, N.H. / Vermont Lumberjacks (EHL)) also added his first collegiate point, getting the assist on Drake's goal.
-David Altman (Bristol, R.I. / Northern Cyclones (EHL)) made 14 saves on 16 shots but fell to 2-1-0. Tim Decker made 26 saves on 27 shots and improved to 1-1-0
- The two teams will face each other again tomorrow night at 6 p.m.