- Score: No. 8 Assumption 4, Saint Michael's 0
- Records: No. 8 Assumption (15-3, 11-3 NE10), Saint Michael's (4-14, 4-10 NE10)
- Location: Colchester, Vt. (Duffy Field)
- The Lead: Assumption ended their regular season with a 4-0 victory over Saint Michael's for their eleventh shut out of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds had no problem getting the ball to the cage in the beginning of the game. Assumption scored their first goal just under four minutes in and off their second penalty corner. Summer Walsh (South Yarmouth, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) sent the ball to the top left of the circle to Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) who rifled a shot past all of Saint Michael's defense and into the boards for an early 1-0 for the Hounds.
- The Hounds scored again in the first quarter shortly after the eleven-minute mark when Walsh inserted the ball on a penalty corner and then ran to the post where she tipped in a pass from Isabel Primack (Ipswich, Mass./Ipswich) to earn Walsh her tenth goal of the season and earn Assumption a 2-0 advantage heading into the second quarter.
- The Purple Knights took their defense up a notch in the second quarter only allowing the Hounds three penalty corners and seven shots to go into halftime down 2-0. In the third quarter, Assumption struck again when the Hounds headed down the field and Kileigh Hynes (Auburn, Mass./Auburn) lined up a hard shot from the left of the circle and Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) got a touch on it to redirect the shot into the cage for their third goal of the game and Burchill's fourteenth of the season.
- The Hounds sealed the victory when Hannah Tepper (Stroudsburg, Pa./Stroudsburg) took the ball into the center of the circle and sent a shot past the goalie and into the net to give Assumption the 4-0 win over Saint Michael's on the road.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) earned her tenth shutout of the season with five saves and extended her season record to 12-3 while Saint Michael's recorded a total of 20 saves in the game.
- The Hounds outshot the Purple Knights 36 to nine and recorded nine more penalty corners than Saint Michael's (12-3).
- The Hounds are now headed to the NE10 tournament as the fifth seed and will travel to Stonehill on Tuesday, November 5, for a 1 p.m. start.