- Score: No. 8 Assumption 5, Molloy 0
- Records: No. 8 Assumption (14-3, 10-3 NE10), Molloy (1-16, 1-12 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: Assumption scored early and often to seal the 5-0 win over Molloy in their last home game of the season to solidify being undefeated on their home turf.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Just over seven minutes into the game the Hounds earned their second penalty corner. Summer Walsh (South Yarmouth, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) inserted the ball to the top to Jenna Graf (Ballston Lake, N.Y./Shenendehowa) who dribbled it into the circle and dished the ball to Walsh on the left post where she tipped the ball into the cage for a 1-0 lead. Under three minutes later the Hounds struck again when Kileigh Hynes (Auburn, Mass./Auburn) made a spin move off a slip pass to the left on a penalty corner and snuck the ball through the five-hole of the goalie and into the boards to give Assumption a 2-0 lead.
- The Hounds were only able to get four shots off in the second quarter as Molloy amped up the defense before the half. Assumption scored their third goal just shy of two minutes into the third quarter when there was a frenzy in front of the net. Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) managed to get a touch on the ball before Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) sent it rifling into the back of the cage for the Hounds to lead by three.
- The fourth goal came about eight minutes later on another penalty corner. Graf sent the ball into the circle when Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) got a touch on the ball to lift it up and over the goalie's hands. The fifth and final goal came just before the end of the third quarter when the Walsh and Graf duo paired up again to seal the 5-0 victory for the Hounds.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) led the Hounds to a victory to advance her record to 11-4 and earn her ninth shutout on the season.
- The Hounds recorded 34 shots to Molloy's zero along with earning 10 penalty corners.
- Molloy recorded a total of 22 saves in the game.
- The Hounds finish up the regular season on the road at Saint Michael's on Saturday, November 2 at 1 p.m.