- Score: Assumption 4, Bentley 2
- Records: Assumption (8-1, 5-1 NE10), Bentley (3-4, 2-3 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: After being down 2-1 at the half, Assumption came out and scored two goals in the first two minutes of the third quarter and added another to win the game 4-2 and earn their fifth consecutive win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Bentley was the first team to get on the board about ten minutes into play when the Falcons collected a ball of the goalkeeper's pads and redirected it into the cage. The Hounds answered two and a half minutes later when Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) tipped a rebound around the goalie and Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) sent it into the net to tie the game at one apiece.
- The Falcons struck again in the second quarter when Ava Bevilacqua and Rachel Crowley teamed up for a Crowley goal and a 2-1 lead headed into halftime.
- The Hounds came out ready to play in the third quarter scoring two goals in the first two minutes. First, on a penalty corner sent to the top to Jenna Graf (Ballston Lake, N.Y./Shenendehowa) and slipped right to Sam Tepper (Stroudsburg, Pa./Stroudsburg) who sent it rifling to the far post where inserter Summer Walsh (South Yarmouth, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth) redirected the ball into the back of the cage to tie the game at 2-2. A minute later Tepper sent a pass into the circle that Burchill ran onto and sent into the cage for a 3-2 lead.
- Assumption scored again in the third quarter when Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) sent a ball toward the stroke line from the top right of the circle and Sickel timed a one-timing shot that hit the boards and gave the Hounds the 4-2 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) earned the win with two saves to advance her record to 5-1 on the season while Kayleigh Vogel recorded 17 saves in the loss.
- The Hounds recorded 33 shots in the game with 21 in the second half while Bentley tallied a total of five with two goals.
- Assumption earned 14 penalty corners while the Falcons recorded two.
- The Hounds are back home on Friday, October 4 at 4 p.m. against Franklin Pierce.